Just found a new issue today that has been vexing me for quite some time, I only found it because of the error [SESN0008E] and the fact that I had to add a whole new WebSphere Nodes to an existing environment so that these errors finally happend with a frequency that I finally noticed it:
logServletError SRVE0293E: [Servlet Error]-[atom-basic]: com.ibm.websphere.servlet.session.UnauthorizedSessionRequestException: SESN0008E: A user authenticated as anonymous has attempted to access a session owned by user:defaultWIMFileBasedRealm/CN=Joe Shmoe,OU=MYOU,dc=corp,dc=company,dc=com
We ran function testing on the new Node and performance was horrendous … I mean really horrendous. Performance has been bad overall before that, but at least tings worked. I investigated a few tech notes, there was some mentioning about the LTPA timeout being too short in combination with several other settings. This is an upgrade, same settings as other systems, should not be an issue … so I looked at other sites/pages here, here and here.
All of the tech notes mentioned [Security Integration] being at the heart of it. I checked all servers and noticed – none of the server that the Connections installer created had this settings set, all servers that I created manually had it. I looked into this a bit more and found out that the [Session Management] – [Security integration] is now a default setting for WebSphere and if you create a server manually it is automatically set. I ran a few third party products in separate servers that were all manually created … they probably brought the overall performance down.
So, I went through all servers that I had created, unset the settings (pic below) and then synced and restarted everything and …. voila, speed restored.